Crosswalk builds fail?

I went to build an app using crosswalk (latest forge version) and it fails each time, has these lines

:ForgeCore:processCrosswalkReleaseResourcesERROR: In FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:fontVariationSettings
ERROR: In FontFamilyFont, unable to find attribute android:ttcIndex

Additionally, I found some threads about it too

Intel announced a year ago that they are no longer supporting the Crosswalk runtime:

We are therefore no longer able to provide support for the crosswalk target.

The problem that Crosswalk solved (unavailability of a chromium-based WebView on older Android devices) is largely a non-issue now so it is recommended that Crosswalk users migrate back to the android target.

I know it has been dropped but for some reason it just seemed more stable, maybe i’m in the minority but I feel like crosswalk still should be supported for a little while any how.

The main problem is that chrome likes to just update and while its not a bad thing it makes it so hard to troubleshoot your apps. I remember a scenario a while back before crosswalk where they push out an update to chrome that broke something, all of a sudden the app stopped working and I was scrambling to try and figure out what happend. Then the next day it was working because they pushed out a fix. I don’t know maybe I just like to know that things will work consistently.

For all of apples flaws at least I know what version of Safari I will be using based on the build, that is not always the case with andrtoi

I feel y’all!

I’ve pushed an “unofficial” update to Forge Platform version 2.6.6 that might get everyone using Crosswalk just a little longer.

Please try it out and let me know if it helped.

Thanks Antoine!

I’ll give it a shot and let you know

It appears to be working!

Thanks Antoine!