Man, I feel like I can info dump on this one all day. Not sure where to start. Up to date on all modules, the Trigger platform version, etc. Only on Android, the Request module never seems to connect to a site it worked fine on in previous versions. I rely on a group of people for live Android testing; I use the emulator, and when it works, I push code to testers. I haven’t heard until today that a NEW install of my app on a probably-not-super-modern Android device couldn’t bang the request.get calls in the app. I grabbed an old Android device I have laying around - specifically an LG Bolt phone using just wifi and usb for debugging. I found the latest version of my app just went to limbo and timed out.
I grabbed older builds of my app (the .apk files) from my archive and started loading them on the phone until it worked. What I discovered was the build that worked used Request 2.4, Platform 2.5.1. So, I took my current code, rev’d back to those versions on platform and module, rebuilt and loaded it for debugging… and it didn’t work.
I can’t stand android, generally, on a good day, and I really hate the idea of developing native for this bunged-ass of a platform, and dealing with all the fragmentation, etc. I really want to stick with Trigger, but I’m at a complete and utter loss on how to even begin to properly research exactly where this is bombing. In addition, other users are using the very latest code on not-super-modern phones just fine.
I can’t find anything in the phone settings that might suggest it’s just a local/environmental setting, security model, etc.
Fire questions at me, I’m happy to answer them, but holy crap, I’m kind of lost.